This page contains the privacy notice for Engineering For Data Science. Please use the
firstname.lastname@example.org email address in order to contact us if you have any queries about the following policy notice.
The following thrid-party services are used to help run and maintain this website and may collect and process personal data:
- Google Analytics – This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites. Google Analytics may capture IP address, but does not record any other personal information.
What type of personal information we collect and why collect have it
Information you voluntarily submit to the website: For example, when you sign up for our newsletter with your email address and first name. This information is stored (by ConvertKit) so that you may receive emails about new articles and content posted on our blog.
Automatically collected information: For example, when you visit the website, data such as IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website and the dates/times you accessed the website are collected by Google Analytics. This information is stored so that we can analyse incoming traffic to the website and identify which posts are the most popular.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting
- (b) We have a legal obligation
- (c) We have a legitimate interest
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Send newsletters and information to readers subscribed to the mailing list. You may unsubscribe using a link provided in the newsletter
- Analyse website usage and traffic patterns using anonymised/aggregated information collected by Google Analytics.
How we store your personal information
Your email address and first name is stored by ConvertKit. By subscribing to the Engineering For Data Science newsletter you are agreeing to receive emails from the Engineering for Data Science blog.
If you wish to have your data erased from ConvertKit you can unsubscribe using the link in the newsletter or email
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at
email@example.com if you wish to make a request.